Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Understanding Your LabsUnderstanding Your Labs

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

please help!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oct 26, 2003

I'm 27 years old and been hiv+ for 8 years now and been on many different meds. My only worst side effects been muscle loss but i been undetectable for about 5 years now with a cd4 count in between 600 to 700. they talking about taking me off my meds and that scares me that i might get really sick. can you give me info on this subject please

Response from Dr. Holodniy

Given your current CD4 count, your immune system is in very good shape. It is not unreasonable to stop medications at this point. You will know very soon after, where your viral load will end up at. You will need to have your CD4 count followed carefully. If the count stays stable, then you can stay off the meds. If it starts to fall significantly, then you will probably need to restart your meds.

Previous
CALL FOR ACTION!!! PLEASE POST!!! :-)
Next
labs at 3 months vs 6 months

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.