HIV - Herbal treatment...

Hi doctor,

Im a General medicine doctor. I took the test on october 2002, as routine tests and found HIV positive on three differents time period. I didnt have so much syntoms that suggested HIV infections except, a lost weight of 20 pounds in 6 months. I took the VL and CD4-CD8 tests with results: 100,000 copies and CD4 186. Infectologyst initiated the treatment with Combivir + Efavirens. I am taking the medicine for 1 year and I feel well. When I began the treatment I contacted a doctor that practices Ayurbedic medicine (India) and he sent me an herbal treatment. I am taking both (anti-retroviral & herbal) and I feel better when I take both. I left the herbal treatment for about 3 weeks and I began feeling bad. For this reason I began taking it again. Aryuvedics said me that I can get HIV test results negative within 2 years but he cannt assure me that it must ocurr. According at your experience, what do you think ? Will I be negative in the future? what I know about HIV is that I will never be negative. Now I am a patient not a doctor. Ah! My wife is negative. She took the test on october 2002, december 2002 and april 2003. Three tests negative. Does she need to take another tests ? She doesnt have any syntoms. I forgot to say you I live in Panama city, Central America and here some specialists told me that the window period of HIV will take 6 years. Is that true?. I am reading here that the window period is 3-6 months.Or is it only for people who have one-risk sexual relation? I am very confused with everything I am reading. As a doctor this is a very dificult situation asking myself what to do or what to believe.

I will be waiting for your prompt answer.

Thank you.

I am not aware of a documented cure, with traditional or any other alternative treatment. There have also not been any controlled studies looking at the potential interactions between current HIV meds and aryuvedic treatment. So, although not contraindicated, caution is always advised when taking herbs with traditional HIV meds. Websites at the US CDC discuss the duration of followup duration for followup testing.

VL Wont stay down
CALL FOR ACTION!!! PLEASE POST!!! :-)