VL Wont stay down

I am on Viramune viread and viracept. I wrote you earlier about having been put on a drug holiday to waylay side effects. Since restarting my regimen , my VL is vascilating between 6000 and now 25000 (cd4 stays at about 480) in the 8 or so month following my "holiday" undetectable before. My Dr. Says this is not a big concern. HOWEVER,Over the same past months I have gotten the flu, chicken pox, fungal on body and throat, Prostate and kidney infections. I never had such a parade of diseases while my VL was undetectable. Should I consider that my VL is "nothing to worry about" or not? Thank you for your good works Beau

If you have been on the 3V regimen for several months and your viral load is still at that level, something is wrong with this regimen. That regimen should have returned your viral load to undetectable. I would be concerned that HIV drug resistance is present. I would suggest getting a resistance test to sort out which of these drugs is no longer active for you. Although other ongoing infections can transiently elevate viral load, this happens less frequently when people are on HIV meds.

Normal low CD4 and Viral Load Looking Ahead
HIV - Herbal treatment...