increase in vl

I started out on trizivir for a year and switched to a combination of sustiva viread and epivir because of new research ( i have been positive for 6 years before starting meds, when my vl was 50,000). My vl was undetectable and my tcells are hovering around 400. after about 5 months on the new combination , my vl is 1100. Should i be worried? i was really stressed out due to personal issues in the last month before doing my recent labs. Could this be a cause?

Possibly stress, but unlikely. If you had some other kind of ongoing illness, that might have done it. In this kind of case, I always repeat the tests and see if it's real. If this number is consistent, then you need to get a resistance test to see which of the drugs are no longer working and which are still effective. If your repeat viral load is undetectable then all is well.

Follow-up to VL drop then rise of Oct. 11
CD4 and VL