Follow-up to VL drop then rise of Oct. 11

As a followup to my question of Oct 11th and your answer. I take Sustiva along with the Trizivir, and the lowest that my VL has been is in the 800's. It has now climbed to a little over 1000, the CD4 count continues to rise slowly. Should I be concerned about this rise, or will my Dr. just change medication again? I started treatment with Combivir, he change to Trizivir when the VL did not drop as fast as he expected. What if I am resistant to one of the medication in the Trizivir? Are there other drugs that do not contain these medications on the market to switch to, or should I expect the worst?

Given that 4 drug regimen, if the lowest you got was 800 and not undetectable and you are hovering at 1000, then resistance to one or more of these drugs is a very real possibility. You need a resistance test to determine which of the drugs is no longer active and which drugs you can still maintain, along with some new meds.

Elusive viral load-part three
increase in vl