white platelets down

Hi there, I have been HIV + for the last five years I am on anti retroviral treatment. The last 3 & 1/2 years viral load undetectable cd4 ranging between 370 and 580 March this year Last year Sep cd4 460, march this year cd4 589, September this year 379, What is the cause of this swing in cd4 counts and also my white platelets dropped. Is this due to the medication or does this happen with HIV infection, not really concerned as I know my doctor is true in telling me this can happen due to HIV. Please can you paint a clearer picture (ps viral load still undetectable) Thanks for all the devotion AB

It is also important to know what the CD4 percentage is. That is usually a more stable number over time. The counts can vary for a number of reasons, including time of day, stress, recreational drug use, other ongoing infections, immunizations, different laboratories, among others. A reduced platelet count can be the result of HIV infection itself, other infections or medications.

Deciding on Lipitor with Elevated Liver Enzymes
HIV and rectal Herpes