Deciding on Lipitor with Elevated Liver Enzymes
Oct 11, 2003
My doctor suggests that I start Lipitor. My cholesterol results are TOTAL: 235, HDL:29, Triglyc: 231, and LDL 160. I am concerned that my liver enzymes will become more elevated. They are currently ALT: 50, and AST: 31. Are my concerns re: side effects of the Lipitor unfounded?
Thanks, Louis K.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Are you on HIV meds, or any other meds?
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Scrotum After Sensual Massage Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Spots After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can Lesbians Get An Std?
- Does Doxycycline Cure Chlamydia In One Day?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.