|How rare is it for treatment naive HIVers to have an undetectable VL a year or more after infection?
Oct 11, 2003
If someone cannot produce HIV antibodies in response to infection, would you expect to see higher than usual viral loads a year or 16 months later?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
It is relatively rare, certainly < 5% of infections, but has been seen. I am not sure of any data to answer the second question.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Should I Get Tested
- Bloody Nose After Licking Rectum Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Sucking Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Rash After Touching Dried Semen Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Red Spots After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.