|How rare is it for treatment naive HIVers to have an undetectable VL a year or more after infection?
Oct 11, 2003
If someone cannot produce HIV antibodies in response to infection, would you expect to see higher than usual viral loads a year or 16 months later?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
It is relatively rare, certainly < 5% of infections, but has been seen. I am not sure of any data to answer the second question.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dry Mouth After Hole In Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Fatigue After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Kissing Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Blood Splash Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Loose Stool After Breast Sucking Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Ejaculation After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.