Block gp120 on CD4 instead of attacking HIV?

Hi, I'm not an expert in virology, and I have a VERY limited understanding of the HIV infection mechanism; I was wondering however why we try and attack the HI Virus. Why not rather the CD4 receptors to the gp120 protein on the virus instead (if it is possible). If that could be done then the HI Virus would have no effect because it cannot fuse with cells to replicate. Maybe I'm sounding silly to the experts, but I'm curious to know if this is possible or not?

There is already one fusion inhibitor (fuzeon) on the market, and others in clinical trials. Blocking the virus from attaching to cells is the subject of intense research and drug development.

VL drops then climbs, CD4 slow rise
Viral Load Undetectable but CD4s Keep Dropping