VL drops then climbs, CD4 slow rise

I started treatment last November after suffering a bout of pneumonia. My VL started at over 20,000 and my CD4 was 36. I saw a steady lowering my VL and very slow rise in CD4 until my September Labs.

My VL has risen from about 800 to over 1000, however my CD4 continues to climb slowly. (Currently 180)

My ID Doctor has sent in blood work to determine if the virus has become resistant to one of the three components of Trizivir. Should I be concerned with the upward climb in VL and the slow rise in CD4?

A rise from 800 to 1000 would not be considered significant. However, if you never got to undetectable (i.e. < 50 copies) and 800 was as low as you got, then resistance becomes a significant concern. In addition, new data from clinical trials, suggests, that trizivir alone, is probably not sufficiently potent to sustain reduced or undetectable viral loads.

spike in cd4
Block gp120 on CD4 instead of attacking HIV?