Oct 11, 2003
Dear doc, I'm freaking out. I went to have my regular check up and after 9 years of being undetectable, my doc, says I am having a blip. vl went to 391. what does this mean? He's running phenotype and genotype tests. I did add Saw Palmetto to my regimen for urinary purposes. Could this be the culprit? HELP thanks much
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Saw palmetto is certainly used for urinary and prostate problems. There is no data that I am aware of on it's effects on HIV replication. Given your history, I believe this is a "blip", and your next Vl will be back to undetectable.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Do Swollen Lymph Nodes Mean I Have AIDS?
- Does HIV Cause White Tongue?
- Blowjob From A Prostitute And HIV
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Do I Need To Get Tested For HIV
- Blood In Semen After Vaginal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Erectile Dysfunction After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.