Does WBC count affect cd4 values?
Oct 6, 2003
Dear Doc, I'm trying to figure out why my t cells dropped so much without any vl pressure/increase. I had radiation to the parotids.Could this be a reason? ANd can wbc count affect cd4 counts.Here are my values: 5/16/03 cd4=660 and 31 wbc=5.0 and vl=19,000 JUne01-JUne 30 15 radiation treatments for parotids,low dose electon beam only
7/02/03 cd4=409 and 28 wbc=3.5 and vl=23000
That's alot of tcells to lose. As of 9/17/03 my cd4 is at 452,27,wbc=3.7 and vl=18,299
Any ideas? Sincerely,Luke
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Radiation therapy can certainly affect your WBC count and your CD4 count. Given both the drop in WBC and CD4 percentage, that could account for your current CD4 count.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Muscle Ache Sign Of Seroconversion
- Bloody Pee After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Burning Urethra After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.