|Niacin & Cholesterol
Oct 6, 2003
My LDL and HDL totaled 249 with the HDL totaling 51. Is this considered too high? I wanted to know if I started taking Niacin if that would help lower my cholesterol?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Niacin is effective in lowering cholesterol levels. Some people may be bothered by side effects such as flushing. You don't indicate what your LDL is, but it appears to be above the recommended level. Your HDL is high, which is good.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Niacin To Help Neuropathy
- Sore On Tongue Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Touching A Bloody Scab?
- Dry Cough After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Are Black Spots On The Bottom Side Of Scrotum A Sign Of A Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.