red and white cells in urine

During a recent visit to the doctors I was told that my last urine test showed red and white cells. Not to worry that it was a small number. What would cause this? I have been on treatment for 12 weeks. Initial vl was 2 million and cd4 was 98 @ 8. New test show vl of 600 and cd4 at 330 @ 13. I am taking combivir and sustiva. No side effects to speak of. Thanks for your help.

The HIV meds you are on should not be causing this. Other medications, urinary or sexually transmitted infections, tumors, stones, strenous exercise, among other causes, could result in these cells in your urine.

treatment!!
Initial Lab Values