|Follow up: what is the longest that room temperature plasma viral load will remain stable in a ppt tube?
Sep 28, 2003
You wrote in a post yesterday that viral load in a ppt tube at room temperature for 5 days before freezing would be diluted.
What is the maximum time that plasma viral load in a ppt tube would definitely remain stable/undiluted, if kept at room temperature? Also does freezing and unfreezing the plasma/ppt tube affect the viral load?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
The answer to the first question is unknown. The answer to the second question is that 1-3 freeze-thaws will probably retain viral load quantitation.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Flaky Skin After Nipple Biting Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Oral Sex On A Woman Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Painful Urination After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Swollen Glands After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Catch Hepatitis From Saliva?
- How Often To Get Hepatitis B Vaccine Series?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.