Follow up: what is the longest that room temperature plasma viral load will remain stable in a ppt tube?
Sep 28, 2003
You wrote in a post yesterday that viral load in a ppt tube at room temperature for 5 days before freezing would be diluted.
What is the maximum time that plasma viral load in a ppt tube would definitely remain stable/undiluted, if kept at room temperature? Also does freezing and unfreezing the plasma/ppt tube affect the viral load?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
The answer to the first question is unknown. The answer to the second question is that 1-3 freeze-thaws will probably retain viral load quantitation.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- After Being Exposed To Hpv How Long Does It Take For Signs Of Cervical Cancer To Appear
- Can I Get Genital Warts From A Razor?
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Sharing Razors Or Drinks?
- Does Penicillin Cure Chlamydia?
- How Can Chlamydia Effect A Person's Everyday Life?
- Are Pep Treatments Effective If Given Within Enough Time?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.