Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Understanding Your LabsUnderstanding Your Labs

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

PLEASE, PLEASE PART 2
Sep 28, 2003

I have another question, My v load was <400, so now my v load is 1,200.00 last labs was v loas <400 tcells 409 14.8 should i be worried that my v load is now 1,200 and it was <400(the Test they use only goes <400. Take my meds 100 never miss a dose in 2 years(Since i have started taking them)I'm the guy who's doc started useing a cheaper test could of state cut backs..Baseline was 500 v load. My doc will not test me again until 3 mos, he is that sure that it is the test..he is a very very very good hiv/aids doc Thank you

Response from Dr. Holodniy

I would be concerned that if your viral load has been consistently < 400, and is now 1,200, that something might be going on regarding your treatment. I am not sure I would wait 3 months to repeat it. If it is 1,200 or greater again, then a treatment adjustment and possibly a resistance test is in order. If it is < 400, then not to worry.

Previous
Viral Load, CD4 Count and the percentage of the two
Next
Follow up: what is the longest that room temperature plasma viral load will remain stable in a ppt tube?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.