Viral Load, CD4 Count and the percentage of the two

My CD4 count was 256 and viral load was 49,800 at my last check. My CD4 is 26. I am on no meds with the exception of many vitamins, as well as androgel, lipitor and occasional elavil. Is it time for HIV medication(s)? I have a HIV specialist and my PCP also specializes in HIV. Both had varying opinions, one being fine without meds and the other politely informing me that he would prefer meds. I have been seeing the HIV specialist for more years than my PCP. What are your thoughts, considering my numbers? Thanks so much.

I don't know if I should split the difference. Current guidelines recommend treatment for those with a CD4 count < 350 and/or a viral load > 50,000. Time is the all important factor. If you have been infected for several years and these numbers are relatively stable, then I might be inclined to wait and see the trend over time. If these values are unknown, or your CD4 count has declined signficantly over the last couple of years, I would be inclined to recommend starting treatment.

How am I doing? I am not so hopeful, followup.
PLEASE, PLEASE PART 2