Latent or Early Syphilis

I was recently notified that i had syphilis after i had been tested because of a penial discharge. The first doctor infomred me that i probably had an NGU, and gave me Doxycycline. After resutls i was told i had latent syphilis. I only had a rpr of 1:1. I have had no symptoms, i was tested a year ago with no positives, i have only been sexually active for about 2 years and the discharge was after sex with a recent partner. Is it possible that i didnt have latent syphilis, and that i could have just contracted syphilis within a month of my test? And can the discharge be a symptom of syphilis?

You need another specific and confirmatory test for syphilis such as an FTA, MHA-TP, or syphilis EIA to determine the significance of this positive RPR.

HCV - viral load increase 714000-950000, 18mo.
When to start meds