|HCV - viral load increase 714000-950000, 18mo.
Sep 26, 2003
I am female, HCV positive, diagnosed in 1996. In February 2002 my viral load was reported at 714,000; a biopsy revealed liver damage though I was and remain asymptomatic. Interferon/Rebivarin was suggested - I declined.In September 2003 my viral load was reported at 950,000. Should I interpret this as an indication that treatment ought to commence, with the hope that further increases will be mitigated thereby?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
There is no significant biologic difference between those two HCV viral loads. In other words, this is well within assay variation.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Penis Discharge A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Can You Get HIV From Touching An Open Scab?
- Can I Get HIV From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Bloody Pee After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Cold Feet After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.