Hepatitis B test

Mark,

Can you explain my hepatitis test results from the red cross.

I had a negative test for B surface antigen (HBsAg EIA, but I was positive to anibodies to Hep B core antigen (anti- HBc, IgG & IgM)

Dose this mean I have had a recent infection and I am clearing the virus or I have already cleared it???

Do I need additonal testing??

The only symptom I had was dark tea colord urine In late may of 2003. Not sure how I aquired the virus???

Should I see my primay care physicain, I feel fine and have a physical scheduled for Nov. Should I see the Doc. before Nov??? AM I infecteous to others around me.

I hope you will answer my question soon.

Thanks,

RK

This means you had HBV infection, you are no longer infectious for HBV and you have cleared the infection and have immunity.

re: WBC, AST, ALT and Trizivir
HCV - viral load increase 714000-950000, 18mo.