Recently infected and scared by first VL and CD4 counts

Hi Doc.

Firstly, I would like to thank you and thebody.com; your help is much appreciated throughout the world. I write from Spain.

I went through accute infection in mid MAY and took a test then which came back negative. I took another Elisa in mid JULY which came back positive. After confirming with another Elisa and WB, my doc did a VL and CD4 test at the end of JULY: VL 190.000 and cd4 340. I am very alarmed by these figures.

My question: are these figures normal so early in the infection? does this mean that i will be a rapid progressor? should i start treatment? should I take a maltoux test for TB?

Thank you very much doc.

Juan

TB testing is always part of good general medical care, particularly in HIV infection. Given we know you were recently infected, your level of viral load could still be the result of the acute infection period. There is no urgency to start treatment right away, since your viral load could still come down a bit and your CD4 count stabilize at a higher level.

Please, Please,Please Help
VL undetectable for years, and low CD4's