site for understanding labs?

I am looking over all my old labs. There are things on my labs that have run high or low. I tend to get lots of un-standard labs because I don't tolerate meds well. And I don't even understand everything in the standard ones.

I would like to help my doctors by becoming more informed but when I see things like "marked anisocytosis" and "slight poikilocytosis" I go "huh?"

When I had lactic acidosis, these were abnormal: MCV, MCH, MPV, hemoglobin (why would that be high?), carbon dioxide (why would that be low?), lots of abnormals on arterial gases, and that's just a few. Except for the carbon dioxide and arterial gases, many of those values (like, MCV--all those "M" ones--hemaglobin, hematocrit) stayed abnormal for a long time after the lactic acidosis resolved--I was wondering why--and have tended to go up slightly on other meds--I was curious about that too.

Setting aside the values skewed from lactic acidosis, which was 3 years ago, I was also wondering, for instance, why my BUN/creatinine ratio is always still high and how high is worrisome. As you can see my curiosity is growing...it's a result of a new interest in getting as healthy as possible.

I don't know if anyone here has the time to explain any of the things I mentioned, but would you possibly know a site that would explain what these kinds of abbreviations and values mean? My doctor's appointments are too short for me to ask about them all. However, this forum has helped me understand my triglyceride situation--thanks! And thanks for any help.

This might help with some of the definitions. http://sdmc.cpcra.org/gloss.html.

How am I doing? I am not so hopeful.
Please, Please,Please Help