What is CD4 percentage normal range?
Sep 22, 2003
My doctor says that CD4 percentage is a more reliable figure than a CD4 count. Yet HIV decisions seem based on CD4 counts rather than percentage. For example, a person begins treatment below 350, Bactrim is given for OIs when below 200 etc. So what is normal CD4 percentages for healthy people--the percentage equivalent to,say, 500 to 1,500 CD4s? Thanks for your time.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Will I Be Okay Having Protected Sex With Hpv?
- When Shingles Scab Up Are They Still Contagious?
- What Should You Do If You Think You Have Herpes On Lip?
- What Percentage Of People In The World Have Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Do Genital Warts Look Like When They First Appear?
- Western Blot Blood Test For Herpes
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.