Sep 6, 2003
i was tested for the first time using the amplicor hiv-1 method. I don't understand the results. Test: HIV RNA QN PCR ULTRA V1.5 Results Copies/ml (ultra) 1120 Logcopies/ML 3.05 What does this mean?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Your viral load results are reported in two ways. The actual number is 1120 copies/ml of blood plasma. Another way to express the same number is to report the number as the base 10 log copy/ml. So the number 10 is 1 log, 100 is 2 logs, 1,000 is 3 logs and so on. You will see viral load reported both ways on websites and clinical trial reports.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Many Days Before Symptoms Of Hiv Can Be Present?
- Could I Still Get Hiv From Intercourse If No Ejaculation
- I Have Severe Symptoms Of Acute Hiv Infection After 4 Weeks
- Can You Get Hep C Threw A Very Small Amount Of Blood Contact?
- Does Testim Have An Effect On Shoulder Joints?
- 3 Phases Of Hiv Infection
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.