|CD 4 Count high, Viral Load rising
Aug 24, 2003
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
It could mean many things. It could mean your immune system is no longer able to control the infection on it's own as well as it used to. It could have gone up temporarily because of a vaccination, or other ongoing infection like the flu. In rare cases it's related to lab error, change in assay, or assay variability. It's important to get another value in a month or so to see the trend.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Flaky Skin An Acute Symptom Of AIDS?
- Is Swollen Glands A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Blisters After Getting Scratched Worried I Have HIV
- Bloody Nose After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Dizziness After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Sucking Penis Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.