|High ALT enzyme level
Aug 17, 2003
Hi I was concentrating on getting my cholestrol lvl down which is 274 on recent test, but on last blood test my doctor told me that my ALT is elevated 105, took another test and he notified me that I do not have Hepatitis A,B or C but he said the Alt has come down but still a little elevated, he wants me to do an ultrasound now. Reason to worry??? I appreciate your respone. Have a good Day!
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
There are many other reasons for elevated liver enzyme tests besides hepatitis viruses.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does A High Alt Level Always Mean Hepatitis?
- Do They Test For Hepatitis C During Pregnancy?
- Can Hiv Be Transmitted Through Touching A Blood Contaminated Surface?
- Can Hepatitis And Hiv Enter The Body Through Common Wart?
- I Contracted Molluscum Contagiosum Do I Have Hiv
- Is Protein In Urine A Sign Of Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.