HIV/effect on WBC's and platelets
Aug 10, 2003
Doctor Holodniy, In the absence of treatment, does early and intermediate stage HIV infection usually cause White Blood Cell counts to progressively go (trend) lower or would they fluctuate?
Also, does HIV cause a progressive decrease in the number of platelets or would they usually fluctuate?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
The numbers fluctuate, and are primarily lowered significantly in later stages of HIV infection like AIDS. Medications, other medical illnesses, will also affect the counts.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Diarrhea After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Receiving Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Drinking After Someone Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Attitudes Towards Hiv Infected People
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.