undectable to 100,000
Aug 10, 2003
+ for 12 years on treatment continuously until 16 months ago i stopped all meds,had been undetectable for 3 years. Now my v.l. is 100,000, should I begin treatment again or can i wait a bit longer. Dr. is suggesting treatment.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
One important question is what was your CD4 count when you started treatment 12 years ago, what was it when you stopped and what is your CD4 count now. If it is well over 500 now, you might be able to afford to wait. If it is lower, particularly if it is < 350 with that viral load, you need to restart treatment now.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Are Boil-like Pimples On The Stomach A Sign Of Hiv?
- Does Black People Have Hiv More Often Than White People?
- Hiv And Hair Follicles
- What Percentage Of People With Hpv Get Genital Warts?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes Through Unprotected Sex?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.