|undectable to 100,000
Aug 10, 2003
+ for 12 years on treatment continuously until 16 months ago i stopped all meds,had been undetectable for 3 years. Now my v.l. is 100,000, should I begin treatment again or can i wait a bit longer. Dr. is suggesting treatment.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
One important question is what was your CD4 count when you started treatment 12 years ago, what was it when you stopped and what is your CD4 count now. If it is well over 500 now, you might be able to afford to wait. If it is lower, particularly if it is < 350 with that viral load, you need to restart treatment now.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Balls After Blood Splash Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Ejaculation After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Psoriasis After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sore Testicles After Swallowing Precum What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sore Throat After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.