bDNA and PCR

Hi, I read an archived post about the diff betw bDNA and PCR vl testing.YOu said that the PCR could be 2-3 times higher than the bDNA and you need to establish a new baseline. Could you help to understand my test results.?

4/05 21,000 bDna 5/06 19,400 bDNA 6/03 23,000 bDNA 7/02 23,663 Amplicor 1.0 pcr 7/07 18,400 bDNA

How would you convert the pcr to the bDNA and how would you interpret theses results Thanks

I would say in your case, that your viral load levels are quite stable regardless of which technology is being used. Establishing a new baseline is only important if you are changing to a new assay technology and will stick with the new one. The difference in viral load between these two technologies, on average, yields a PCR result about 1.5 times more than bDNA. Since this is an average, many people will have identical levels, which is the case for you.

CONFUSED! WHAT DO THESE RESULTS MEAN? CHATROOM 4 E. AFRICA?
Can Lab Results indicate when I became infected