CONFUSED! WHAT DO THESE RESULTS MEAN? CHATROOM 4 E. AFRICA?

Dear Sir,

Thank you for the noble work you do. It keeps us going! I am a 30 yr old East African currently living in UK. I was diagnosed HIV+ last month after a 3 wk bout of bloated stomach, acidity, fatigue, chronic pharyngitis and severe muscle and joint pains which have been recurring for about 2years

RESULTS:

1. HIV-1-RNA (RT-PCR quantitative) positive 3.6K/l

2. blood count: -lymphocytes 48/1398l -monocytes 10 -granulocytes 41 -leukocytes 2900l -erythrocytes 4760000l

3. - CD3+ 85.4 1193l - CD3+ CD4+ 28.1 393l - CD3+ CD8+ 48.8 682l - CD4/CD8 ratio o.6 - CD19+CD3- 8.1 113l - CD56+CD3- 5.6 78 - CD38+ 26 -HLA-DR+ 30.6 427l

My doctor says that my immune system is still able to fight the above "minor problems" and that it will be sometime before he can put me on ARVs roughly around CD4+ 250. We now have to do regular tests, every 2 months yet I dont understand my intial results.

QUESTIONS.

1.what should I make of these results and in particular regarding my future health? 2.I intend to help my fellow HIVers back in East Africa by founding and administrating a HIVer's community chatroom to share information, joy and sorrow online. Unfortunately the only resource I have is time and internet access. Might you know of organisations or persons willing to offer free web design and hosting particularly for HIVers?

ciao. KIM

If you go to google and type in "HIV chat room", you will find there are many hosted sites for those with HIV infection. Your viral load is quite low, and apparently your CD4 count is quite high. This is a favorable relationship, indicating your immune system is currently able to contain the virus on its own. However you will need a few more points on the line to determine the trend of your counts and whether your can further delay treatment or treatment is warranted sooner rather than later. It is difficult to make this decision based on one set of labs.

book research
bDNA and PCR