|re: test causing higher viral load
Jul 22, 2003
This is in response to the message from Tom. I had the same response to a recent set of labs, and my health care provider, said the same thing yours did. That the higher viral loads were seen on many patients, as they were using a different assay. Do the Dr's on this forum, have any insights on this new assay? My Dr. said not to worry, because it was a highly sensitive test. They have not seen it as indicitive of treatment failure!
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
I am not aware of any new assays or recalibration of old assays causing those kinds of viral load fluctuations. That is a pretty big swing just to be accounted for by assay changes.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Vagina After Touching Used Condom Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Muscle Ache After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Precum Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Alphabetical List Of Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Can You Catch Hepatitis From Oral Sex?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.