what is the difference of cd4 count and cd4 percentage and what do they measure
Jul 20, 2003
Dear Mark Please tell what what the CD4 count and CD4 measures and what the difference is. I see this on all of the lab slips. I know that CD4 count is a less accurate measure because of the tendency to flunctuate depending on medication, time of day blood was drawn,etc.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
The count is the actual number. The percentage is the percent of t lymphocytes that are CD4 positive.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Do Genital Warts Look Like On Men?
- What Are The Chances Of Spreading Herpes With No Symptoms?
- What Are Long Term Effects For Genital Herpes?
- Took Antibiotics As Prescribed For Chlamydia And Still Have Symptoms
- What Are The Chances Of High Risk Hpv Turning Into Cancer?
- How Long Does It Take To Get Syphilis Results?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.