Physical Effects of Viral Lode Over 400,000?

My best friend has a viral lode approaching 500,000. He is taking a new regiment of new drugs(that you inject twice a day), but they don't seem to be working. He is losing weight and complains of severe gas pain. His doctor says that the gas pain is not a side effect of this medicine. I would like to know what is happening to his body internally with such a high viral lode...and what can you suggest he do to get heavier/stronger/healthier. I am so upset. Thank you for your time.

There are alot of other issues in play here. What additional meds is he on. What medications has he been on in the past and failed or developed resistance to? Having a viral load that high, indicates that the virus is using alot of energy and nutrients to continue high levels of replication. This results in fatigue among other symptoms.

New Medication
Could a normal CD4/CD8 ratio ever be evidence that the body is not effectively fighting HIV?