Jul 20, 2003
Hello Doc. Mark. How likely is it that oral keratinocytes can be infected by hiv? If the initiation of infection is very slowly, as studies suggest, does it have influence on the pattern of acute retroviral syndrome, e.g. more late, less severe,...? Thanks.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
ALthough HIV virus can be found in oral secretions, it is hard to answer the question you pose.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Skin After Precum Touching Vagina Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Testicular Pain After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Different Types Of Vaginal Discharge
- Does Hep C Cause High Blood Pressure?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.