|How Common are resistant HIV viruses?
Jul 18, 2003
I was wondering how common resistant viruses are now among the people that are currently infected with HIV? Do you have an approximate number of the prevelance of the resistant population in percentages? Can you guestimate?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
The general numbers in first world countries are: in acute infection around 10% and in treated patients around 50%, have some evidence of HIV drug resistance.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Who Are The Most Common People To Get AIDS?
- Psoriasis After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Rash After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Touching Urine Worried I Have HIV
- How Long Does It Take To Get Symptoms Of An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.