Test to identify makeup of virus

My CD4 count is 240 and viral load 6800. My Infectious Disease physician took bllod to perform a test that identifies the exact form the virus has taken, what drugs I have used it is immune to, and will assist him in prescribing the correct combination of drugs. I am currently on Combivir. have you heard of this test? Thank you.

I am sure he is referring to a resistance test. This type of test will determine which HIV meds are active against your virus and which meds are not. This test is now used routinely by HIV docs to guide them in choosing the correct treatment. MH

Window period
ARS and Tonsils