Test to identify makeup of virus
Mar 9, 2001
My CD4 count is 240 and viral load 6800. My Infectious Disease physician took bllod to perform a test that identifies the exact form the virus has taken, what drugs I have used it is immune to, and will assist him in prescribing the correct combination of drugs. I am currently on Combivir. have you heard of this test? Thank you.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
I am sure he is referring to a resistance test. This type of test will determine which HIV meds are active against your virus and which meds are not. This test is now used routinely by HIV docs to guide them in choosing the correct treatment. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Muscle Ache After Rubbing Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Runny Nose After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Having Oral Sex?
- Is Autoimmune Hepatitis Contagious With Sex?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.