testing (historical)

greetings,

about 6 years ago, my partner and i were tested at a private clinic in nyc. the test took maybe 20 minutes and was quite pricey. we both tested negative. unfortunately, we have since split up and i am now thinking about that old test. are these quick tests (or the sort popular 6 years ago) reliable? the chap at the clinic gave us some figures, but my mind was not really on the facts at that point.

while neither of us had any real sexual encounters prior to our relationship and the test was more for peace of mind, i am thinking about these issues now that we are broken up.

any advice?

If there is past or current history of HIV risk, then licensed tests should be used for diagnostic testing. I am not familiar with the testing methodology that was applied in this case.

Delayed Infection
what is lipidoscopy?