PREGNANT + STARTING MEDS

I HAVE A VIRAL LOAD OD 1000 AND A T CELL COUNT OF 368. DOC TOOK ANOTHER TEST AND SAID LOOKS TO HER LIKE I WAS INFECTED 3-4 MONTHS BEFORE BEING TESTED. CAN THIS BE TRUE SHE LOOKED AT ANOTHER TEST AND DETURMINED ALL OF THIS. I ALSO TOOK A GENO TYPE AND I AM NOT RESISTANT TO ANY DRUGS. HE PUT ME ON VIRUMUNE, VIREAD, AND ANOTHER DRUG. CAN THIS HURT THE FETUS ? I STARTED AFTER 14 WEEKS.

Hard to know what test they were looking at and how they could make that prediction, unless you have had recent negative HIV antibody tests. The HIV meds they started are reasonable, except for not knowing the last one. From our current understanding, the benefits of starting HIV meds in the second trimester (improving your health and preventing transmission), far outway the side effects to you and any potential effects toward the fetus. Fetal Development is sufficient at this point, and the studies done thus far on other pregnant women, suggest no long term problems with children born to HIV infected moms on HIV meds.

Italian Vaccine
Skyrocketing VL, Plummeting CD4