Jun 22, 2003
As you are probably awarre of trials of an italian hiv vaccine are beggining shortly. But they say that they are recruting hiv-1 patients for the study. Does this mean that the vaccine definatly wont work on hiv-2 or that they are similar enough so there is no need?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
I believe the vaccine is specific for HIV-1. It is possible that there may be some benefit in those who are HIV-2 infected. The viruses are sufficiently different in genetic sequence and also in natural history.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Balls After Touching Vagina Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Red Spots After Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rash After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Red Eyes After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Touching Dried Semen Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.