|Low CD57 cells significance?
Jun 14, 2003
What is the significance of a low count of CD57 cells? Thanks for your help!
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Depends on who you read. There is controversy in the published literature as to the significance of this cell surface receptor and what it's presence means. The latest data in HIV infection suggests that when present on CD8 and CD4 cells, it is a marker of poor proliferative response (reaction to HIV proteins/antigens) and impending cell death.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Pain In Urethra After Getting Fingered Worried I Have
- Penis Discharge After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Blood Splash Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Bumps After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.