plasma viral load
Jun 14, 2003
Dr. Holodniy, since it has been estimated that plasma makes up only approx. 8 of the 70 fluid content of the blood, what percentage of the bodies total viral load is revealed by the various viral load assays in use?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Well less than 1%. Most of the viral burden is in the lymph nodes.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get AIDS From Masturbation?
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Condom Broke?
- Could Sinus Infection Be A Sign Of Primary HIV Infection
- Is Headache A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Can You Get HIV From Picking Your Nose?
- Black Spots After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.