Re: conflicting results

Greetings, A follow up on my earlier posting. I had a redraw done on my viral load, and, good news, it is returning back in the right direction. From 1,200 to 448. (being undetectable for 3 years). 1 week time between the 2 draws. I found out that the lab, has had "glitches" causing the jump in viral load for many. Are technical problems in reading the assays common? All my other numbers were very conflicting with the "glitched" viral load draw. Percentage, and Tcell all headed in the right direction. I just wanted to post these results, and say that "technical" problems do happen even in the best clinics. My Dr., says I'm fine and not to worry, especially since I've been 100 compliant with the Sustiva and Combivir. Needless, until I found out about the "glitches" I've had many sleepless nights this past week!!

Yes, glitches happen. Sometimes it's the technician, sometimes it's a new lot number of reagents. That's why it's important to always retest when VL results look funny.

range of "normal" for T cells
which numbers matter more t-cell or viral load?