Sustiva Change from Viracept

In September I was switched from Viracept/Combivir(<50) to Sustiva/Combivir . I had gained alot of weight and was showing signs of lipidoscopy. My doctor thought it would be a good idea. In Jan my viral load was 450,(not to worry he said). This past week viral load was 715 (not to worry he said). My helper cell count continues to climb, over 500 now from low of 117. I heard him talking to he RN that other patients switched to sustiva were exhibiting increased viral loads. He thought I was out of earshot. He said that I am as healthy a patient with HIV as he has and to come back in 4 months, and if the sustiva/combivir is not working we will go from there. Can you comment? thanks

I agree that these viral load results make me pause as well. There is obviously a disconnect between the ever increasing CD4 counts in you and now these blips in viral load. I would not change regimens and would probably wait as well to see what the next viral load will be. MH

What is your opinion (confused)
Delayed Infection