IGA deficiency and ELIISA Test
Mar 8, 2001
Hi, I have IGA deficiency that affects may respiratory and digestive system, have also have contact with a risk person 4 months ago and the ELISA test came negative. Can this IGA deficiency make the antibody test like ELISA present false negatives ? Should I do other kind you test?
Please Help and tank you in advance.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
ELISA tests measure IgG and IGM antibodies to HIV. If you only have pure IgA deficiency and have detectable levels of these other Igs in your blood, the test should be valid. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sinus Infection After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Tiredness After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Can Mucous Is Anus Be An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.