T-cell count down to 5

My ex-boyfriends t-cell count is down to 5. I am terrified, he is trying to act as though he is not scared. I don't know what to do for him. He is not in any physicval pain, but I have to stay after him about eatting properly, and getting rest. His doctor just put him on new meds. Unfortunately I don't know all of them. I know that Viracept, and Sustiva are two of them. I am going to his next doctor's appoinment w/ him. What questions should I ask his doctor. What's out there that could possibly help raise his t-cell count? I am at a lost as to what to do to help him. Any advice would gladly be appreciated.

This is too complicated a question to really answer. Alot depends on how long he has been infected, what other active medical problems he might have (and meds he might be on for those problems), what other HIV meds he has been on in the past, whether he is taking the appropriate antibiotics to protect him from other kinds of infections, and whether he is motivated to stay on these new HIV meds and take them everyday.

CD4/8 Ratio
effect of anti-coagulant