|down side of viral load assays
Apr 29, 2003
most labs are not always fool proof what if any are the misinterpretations of viral load readings and are there any papers that have been written on these aspects?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
This is a fairly large field, with many published papers. The two major areas of inquiry are assay issues and biological phenomena. Assay issues include things like reproducibility, precision, and subtype detection. Biological issues relate to things like false positives, blips during treatment, and increases during immunization or other ongoing infections.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Cold Feet After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Dizziness After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Muscle Ache After Giving Oral Sex Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.