Viral Load Up, Cd4 Up

I have been HIV+ since 98'. My initial viral load was 13,676, Cd4 was in the 600s. After beginning treatment w/ Sustiva and Combivir, I have maintained a viral load <50 copies and my Cd4 is still in the 600s. Still on the same meds, I got labs back today, my viral load was 136 copies and CD4 is still in the 600s. Should I consider a resistance test and possibly changing meds?

This could be an insignificant blip or a real change indicating early failure. The first rule is to repeat the numbers. If it is real and at that level, most labs will not perform resistance tests unless the viral load is > 1,000, mostly because of technical issues. If it is still elevated and climbing above 1,000, then a test and regimen modification is in order. If it is back down below 50, nothing to do.

cd8 issue
When to use VL & CD4/CD8