Bringing you up-to-date

Dr. Holodniy, I appreciate your responsiveness to my How am I doing Part I and Part II questions. You asked a couple of questions in your last reply. Here are the answers: Diagnosed with HIV/Aids mid-September 2002 and I began meds in October 2002 as previously described in Part I and the Combivir was discontinued this month and Epivir and Viread replaced it (details in Part II). I think the AZT was playing havoc with my WBC. Here are April 4, 2003 lab results: WBC 3000; Lymphs 14; Lymphs-Absolte C 420; CD3 80; CD3 ABS CT 336; CD4 9 (previously 10); CD4 ABS CT 38 (last test 65); CD8 68; CD8 ABS CT 286; Ratio T4/T8 0.1. Other labs that are out of wack: Cholesterol 239 and Triglycerides 392 (I am on Lopid 2xday); RBC 3.54; HGB 13.1; HCT 37.1; MCV 104.8; MCH 37.0; MCHC 35.3; RDW 14.8; Platelet Count 146; MPV 10.4. The Flonase and Tequin (saline nasal mist and sudafed) have relieved my 28 day old cold and chills. The cough persists. So, anyway, you asked questions that were hanging so I wanted you to have more information. I plan to start Yoga classes Friday morning. Is this a good idea? and, how am I doing now? Thank you so very much.

Thanks for the update and clarifications. Yoga is great. Let me know what the next set of numbers are after the switch in HIV meds. Hopefully your blood counts will come up a bit more.

Should I quit
CD4 and Viral Load