Must I start treatment?
Apr 28, 2003
I tested pos in March 2003 after a neg test in March 2002. I had 2 labs done in 6 weeks (trying to get into a study). My recent lab was 535 tcells and vl of 328,000. The week earlier it was tcells 351 and vl 544,000.
1. Do I need to go on meds already?
2. My ratio is 18. They say I have been infected for more thn six months--is there any chance my numbers will improve w/o meds?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Hard to know the exact timing of infection within the last year. You don't need meds right away, but if your viral load is truly that high on the next set of tests, I would recommend starting sooner, rather than later.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Stinging Pain Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Can You Get HIV From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Chances Of Catching HIV From Sex With A Prostitute
- Chills After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Just Because The Vagina Is Burning Doesn't Mean You Have An Std
- Attitudes Towards Hiv Infected People
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.